Pages

Thursday 12 May 2016

Lion directed drawing

My kiddos have been loving directed drawing activities this year! This week we made these Lions inspired by this post from Kasey at Doodlebugs.  We used chalk pastel to create the drawings on black A3 cardboard.



Kasey didn't have instructions on her original post so I whipped up these to help me break down the steps for my class. Click on the picture to download as a pdf.



I modelled each step on the board using white pastel on the black paper so it was easier to see. It was easier for the kids to draw the outline in white too then they went back over their white lines with black.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... Love this idea! Using with a Year 2 class

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm such a novice...teaching 1st grade in a hybrid school. Can you help me know what to order...A3 black cardboard?

    ReplyDelete

09 10